Winter Technical Training
HVSA Travel is excited to announce a new Winter technical training program that is supplemental to the team training sessions. All of the technical training sessions will by run by Coach Brian Thomsen, one of the top technical trainers in our area. The sessions will be held at PEACTurf.
For 2011, 2010 & 2009 birth-years
The Winter program will start Wednesday, January 23rd and then meet for the next 5 Wednesdays, ending on Wednesday, February 27th. The total cost is $75 per player for 6 training sessions.
For 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 birth-years
The Winter program will start Thursday, January 24th and then meet for the next 5 Thursdays, ending on Thursday, February 28th. The total cost is $75 per player for 6 training sessions.
5:30pm - 6:30pm at PEACTurf (upstairs)
1440 Lower Ferry Rd, Ewing, NJ
Professional soccer trainers will lead a progression based technical training program that follows the U.S. Soccer Grassroots Player Development Framework:
1. Read and understand the game and make decisions
2. Take initiative, be pro-active
3. Demonstrate focus
4. Execute with optimal technical abilities
5. Execute with optimal physical abilities
6. Take responsibility and accountability for their own development and performance
The Winter program will primarily focus on:
- Individual ball skills including dribbling, body form, foot mechanics, receiving, shielding and creating space
- 1v1s and 2v1s, moving forward to create opportunities and overloads
- Using different foot surfaces for passing and shooting
- Winning the ball and maintaining possession
- Game philosophy and decision making