Hopewell Valley Travel Soccer Tryout Registration - Spring 2019
The Hopewell Valley Soccer Association (HVSA) is now accepting on-line registration for 2019-2020 travel soccer tryout participants. There is no fee to tryout, but you MUST first register online. Registration opens March 11th and closes April 15th
To view the tryout schedule and to register, click here.
- The HVSA travel soccer tryouts are open and competitive in nature. HVSA strives to create the most competitive teams possible in each age group for the players of Hopewell Valley and surrounding communities. HVSA travel tryouts are conducted by independent trainers with significant soccer coaching experience. The HVSA travel tryout and team selection process can be viewed here.
- Arrive ready to play
- Players are expected to arrive 15 minutes early to check in, ready to play with appropriate soccer wear - soccer cleats and shin guards are required. Each player will be supplied with a tryout pinnie with a number identifier. It is encouraged that players bring plenty of water.
- The travel soccer season commitment is for one year. Teams are divided by gender, based upon the player's year of birth. Players on the same team are typically all born within the same year (Jan-Dec), although players are also eligible to play-up one full year in certain circumstances. Please refer to the Age Chart.
- All HVSA Travel players are eligible to participate in a year-round Technical Training Academy program (separate fee) run by full-time coaches and trainers
- Each Travel team competes over two seasons, Fall and Spring. There will be optional training over the Winter and opportunities to participate in a Summer Select program.
- Travel teams (U9 and above) will play approximately 20 games per season, including league matches, friendly games and tournaments. Each team will participate in 2 tournaments per season.
- U8 Travel teams participate in the 4v4 Penn/NJ Festival league and will participate in 1 tournament per season.
- Travel teams train 2 times a week with most matches held over the weekend.
HVSA Travel is a volunteer run program and there are many opportunities to assist with the program. During the on-line registration process, you will have an opportunity to volunteer to be a travel coach, assistant coach, or manager. Each participating family will have a chance to volunteer for different team volunteer positions once a team has been formed.