Safety Protocols For Players & Coaches
As we strive to keep all of our players and participants safe during this pandemic, we have instituted several protocols as part of our return to play. We have created a new mandatory volunteer position for every rec team, Co-vid Safety Rep, who will help administer many of the protocols listed below.
Please be sure to follow these directions:
1. The Mandatory Township & HVSA Waiver forms must be completed before attending your first HVSA session. The waiver can be found and e-signed here.
2. Contact tracing will be required for every practice session and game. Your co-vid safety rep will collect your contact information.
3. Prior to EVERY session (practice or game) the player or coach attends, a mandatory health questionnaire must be completed. This will include a certification that you have taken your child’s temperature. This questionnaire will be a Google Doc specific to your team. Your co-vid safety rep will send you the link.
4. The player/coach must wear a face mask when walking from their car to the field and, at the conclusion of practice, from the field to their car.
5. Once on the field, each player will have a physically distanced location where they can leave their soccer bag and belongings. They will remain there until the coach gives them permission to remove their face mask and calls them onto the practice field.
6. While on the sidelines, players remain at least 6 feet apart, with masks on.
7. Spectators must remain on the opposite sideline from players. Spectators must socially distance from other families and should wear masks while walking from car to the field and at the conclusion of the game/practice, from field to the car. If spectators are unable to socially distance, wearing masks is required.
8. We will limit congregate settings (half-time talks, huddles, locker rooms, no carpooling to/from games or practice, etc.)
9. No sharing of drinks or snacks. This means no team snacks.
10. There will be no sharing of equipment.