Registration for Winter 2023 Rec Soccer is now CLOSED
Due to an increasing number of very late registrations, we have closed our registration on 1/10 to give our volunteers time to organize the season. A waitlist has been created and will be addressed after our first weekend of games. Children will be moved from the waitlist following the first weekend of games if there is space.
Updated November 3, 2022
We have and will continue to monitor all CDC, NJ, and NJ Youth Soccer guidance and will implement any necessary Covid protocols required for our players, referees, coaches, and spectators to remain safe and healthy. We will communicate all Covid protocols via this webpage and email blasts to registered players.
Refer to the entirety of our current covid protocols here.
Our Winter Program
Children ages 3 to 18 are eligible to participate and are grouped into the following divisions. Though we use age as of 9/30 to assign divisions, our focus on fun and friendship means that our intention is to keep children playing with their classmates. School grades below are used as a guide.
For our Pre K program, players must be at least 3 years old as of the start of the season, 1/1/2023.
|Division||Age on 9/30||Typical Grades||Boys/Girls|
Games are held Sunday afternoons at Timberlane Middle School between 10:30 and 5:30. There are no practices during the week.
The season will run for 9 weeks, from Sunday 1/22 until Sunday 3/19. No games will be held on Presidents Weekend (2/19) because the schools are closed.
Exact game times will be announced once teams are formed though we expect our youngest players (except Pre K) to play during the earlier part of the session (10:30-2:30) and our older players to play during the later part of the session (2:30-5:30). The Pre K session will be at 3:00.
|Division||Typical Grades||Early Bird Discount (Before 12/1)||Division Fee (12/1 - 1/9)||Late Fee (After 1/9)|
Families experiencing financial hardships may request aid from the JOSHUA RIGEL SCHOLARSHIP FUND during the registration process.
Other Important Season Notes
- Team shirts will be provided to all players.
- There are no trophies, medals, or playoffs for the winter season.
- There are no assessments prior to the winter season. Teams are split by volunteer division coordinators and volunteer coaches based on past soccer experience.
- The schedule includes one weather related make-up date. No refunds or credits are given for other weather related cancellations
Important Rules and Regulations:
- COVID-19 – we will continue to follow all CDC, NJ State, and NJ Youth Soccer guidelines and update as necessary. Refer to our current Covid protocols here.
- Consistent with Youth Soccer directives, head balls are not permitted in HVSA Rec Soccer games or practices.
- Shin guards are mandatory in all divisions.
- Sneakers must be worn in all divisions. No soccer cleats are allowed in the school gyms. Sneakers with black soles are not permitted as they will leave scuff marks on the gym floors.
- Per state of NJ regulations, any child that wears corrective eyeglasses while participating in soccer shall be required to wear protective eyewear that meets the frame standards of the American Society for Testing and Materials (ATSM) F803 and the lens standards of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z87.1. Refer to this site for more information.
- No forms of jewelry are allowed on a player with the only exceptions of religious or medical bracelets, which must be properly taped to the player's body. This includes all forms of piercing, which are prohibited regardless of when the piercing occurred.
- All coaches and assistant coaches will be required to undergo criminal background checks with the Hopewell Township Police Department prior to the start of the season.
- The HVSA board has adopted a policy that warrants that all teams be reselected on an annual basis.