About Our Travel Program
HVSA Travel Soccer provides a competitive soccer program for our community’s youth with a primary focus on player development, technical skills, and team work.
We are a non-profit, volunteer run organization comprised of soccer experienced coaches, managers, trainers, and administrators who have a passion for teaching and promoting the beautiful game.
We are now accepting on-line registration for 2021/2022 travel soccer tryout participants. There is no fee to tryout, but you MUST first register online.
- The HVSA travel soccer tryouts are open and competitive in nature. HVSA strives to create the most competitive teams possible in each age group for the players of Hopewell Valley and surrounding communities.
- All players who are interested in joining a team will be invited to a training session where the coaches and evaluators will assess the player's development level and fit with the team.
- Arrive ready to play
- Players are expected to arrive 15 minutes early to check in, ready to play with appropriate soccer wear - soccer cleats and shin guards are required. It is encouraged that players bring plenty of water.
Travel Season Commitment
- The travel soccer season commitment is for one year. Teams are divided by gender, based upon the player's year of birth. Players on the same team are typically all born within the same year (Jan-Dec), although players are also eligible to play-up one full year in certain circumstances.
- Each Travel team competes over two seasons, Fall and Spring. There will be optional training over the Winter and opportunities to participate in a Summer Select program.
- Travel teams will play approximately 20 games per season, including league matches, friendly games, and tournaments. Each team will participate in 2 tournaments per season.
- Our teams compete in either the Mid-New Jersey (MNJYSA) or EDP league.
- Travel teams train 2 times a week with most matches held over the weekend (Saturday & Sunday).
- HVSA Travel offers supplemental training options including technical training, speed & agility training, and soccer camps (priced separately).
HVSA Travel is a volunteer run program and there are many opportunities to assist with the program. During the on-line registration process, you will have an opportunity to volunteer to be a travel coach, assistant coach, or manager. Each participating family will have a chance to volunteer for different team volunteer positions once a team has been formed.
Need More Info?
Please direct questions to: email@example.com