Registration for Winter 2024 Rec Soccer is now CLOSED. You may register for our waitlist.
If your child is on the waiting list, these registrations will not be addressed until AFTER the first weekend of games. At that time we will add children to teams if, and only if, there is space available in that division.
HVSA is unable to offer refunds after the first game of the season.
Our Winter Program
Our winter season runs from Sunday, January 21st until Sunday, March 17th.
Children ages 3 to 18 are eligible to participate and are grouped into the following divisions. Though we use age as of 9/30 to assign divisions, our focus on fun and friendship means that our intention is to keep children playing with their classmates. School grades below are used as a guide.
For our Pre K program, players must be at least 3 years old as of the start of the season, 1/21/2024.
|Age on 9/30/23
Games are held Sundays at Timberlane Middle School. There are no practices during the week. Ideally games will begin at 12:00 and end by 5:00 but we may have to start earlier or end later depending on the number of teams.
The season will run for 9 weeks, from Sunday 1/21 until Sunday 3/17. No games will be held on Presidents Weekend (2/18) because the schools are closed.
Exact game times will be announced once teams are formed though we expect our Pre K session to be at 3:00, our younger players (kindergarten through second grade) to play during the earlier part of the session (12:00-2:30) and our older players (third through eighth grade) to play during the later part of the session (2:30-5:00).
|Early Bird Discount (Before 12/1)
|Late Fee (After 1/8)
Families experiencing financial hardships may request aid from the JOSHUA RIGEL SCHOLARSHIP FUND during the registration process.
Other Important Season Notes
- Team shirts will be provided to all players.
- There are no trophies, medals, or playoffs for the winter season.
- There are no assessments prior to the winter season. Teams are split by volunteer division coordinators and volunteer coaches based on past soccer experience.
- The schedule includes one weather related make-up date. No refunds or credits are given for other weather related cancellations
Important Rules and Regulations:
- COVID-19 – we will continue to follow all CDC, NJ State, and NJ Youth Soccer guidelines and update as necessary. Refer to our current Covid protocols here.
- Consistent with Youth Soccer directives, head balls are not permitted in HVSA Rec Soccer games or practices.
- Shin guards are mandatory in all divisions.
- Sneakers must be worn in all divisions. No soccer cleats are allowed in the school gyms. Sneakers with black soles are not permitted as they will leave scuff marks on the gym floors.
- No forms of jewelry are allowed on a player with the only exceptions of religious or medical bracelets, which must be properly taped to the player's body. This includes all forms of piercing, which are prohibited regardless of when the piercing occurred. It is not sufficient to put tape over a piercing.
- Per state of NJ regulations, any child that wears corrective eyeglasses while participating in soccer shall be required to wear protective eyewear that meets the frame standards of the American Society for Testing and Materials (ATSM) F803 and the lens standards of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z87.1. Refer to this site for more information.
- All coaches and assistant coaches will be required to undergo criminal background checks with the Hopewell Township Police Department prior to the start of the season.
- The HVSA board has adopted a policy that warrants that all teams be reselected on an annual basis.